Recent activity by Paulus Kieviet

2 answers 210 views
A colleague would like to create a copy of an existing project to adapt it for a different audience (think: ... Would Backup and Restore include the notes and spelling decisions?
commented Aug 5
1 answer 95 views
When a consultant creates a note on a verse, they sometimes put a reference or many references to other book chapters ... we ensure that it is always fully there? Many Thanks Mark
commented Apr 21
2 answers 501 views
I just did a Send/Receive. I was initially surprised at the high number of "edited" projects. When the results screen ... Is this a known issue, or could it be something serious?
commented Apr 15
1 answer 92 views
One of the translation projects I work with has had to combine two verses into one, due to the structure of the language. ... verses as a valid verse reference. How can I do this?
answered Mar 18
1 answer 206 views
When making a note, I often want to have a list of things which are done with adding newlines. Sometimes the note then ... I need to do to make it appear as separate paragraphs?
commented Mar 5
3 answers 370 views
I am trying to support a user who calls me every few days to let me know that Paratext has "stopped working again". ... this? and if so, what did you do? Any other suggestions?
commented Apr 16, 2025
2 answers 320 views
In addition to printing the current version of the vernacular text our team will be reviewing, I want to print the ... but would like to print it without changes indicated. Thanks
answered Feb 3, 2025
4 answers 251 views
I can use \it to put words in italics like this in a footnote. I can't get it to work in the actual text ... do that? After all, there are times when italics are appropriate. Steve
answered Dec 30, 2024
1 answer 182 views
Is it possible to use a super-scripted verse number in a footnote such as below? Some manuscripts add: and we would ... of our hands, 8commanding his accusers to come before you.
answered Oct 8, 2024
1 answer 277 views
We have linked Holy Spirit (Asubane Noekene) to the corresponding entry in our glossary. Now we also want to link holy ... change it back. Or would there be a better solution?
commented Sep 20, 2024
2 answers 272 views
A user wants to make an entire section of poetry bold. Is there a way to do this without having to add the bold marker ... cause the end of the bold text (even without the \bd*).
answered Aug 6, 2024
1 answer 342 views
Our project uses a non-roman script with no capitalization, and it helps people be able to identify names when we ... leveraged somehow to add markup to them all? Any advice?
commented Jul 31, 2024
2 answers 227 views
How can I enter a rendering into the Biblical Terms tool that includes a word in parentheses as part of the rendering ... (esp. if they minimise changes to the project itself)?
answered Jul 13, 2024
1 answer 196 views
A project for which I'm an administrator is having the following issue. A user (who also has administror rights) ... . Thank you in advance! Paulus Kieviet, SIL Pacific Group
commented Mar 15, 2024
2 answers 421 views
\pn and \nd markers in headings result in text that has not all the other character attributes of the rest of the text. ... as errors. How are such markers to be used in headings?
answered Feb 5, 2024
1 answer 381 views
A few months ago I tried out (and gave some feedback for) the new Quotation types check in PT 9.4 Beta. Last week ... to it? This is what the Basic Checks dialog looks like: Paulus
commented Dec 13, 2023
3 answers 828 views
My question is USFM organizational in nature. For organizational purposes, how does one notate the levels above book/chapt/verse? ... a major-major heading, etc... Thanks so much!
commented Dec 4, 2023
1 answer 344 views
I tried to install PT remotely on a laptop (using TeamViewer) but the installation failed, with the following error message: " ... this as a separate file, do let me know... Paulus
commented Nov 29, 2023
3 answers 361 views
I've just been reading a thread about best practices for a glossary (https://support.bible/3952/glossary-best- ... regard to this speed/performance issue and glossaries. Thanks.
answered Nov 29, 2023
2 answers 416 views
To see if email will be sent to those who favorited the category.
commented Jun 28, 2023
3,062 questions
6,022 answers
5,692 comments
2,036 users