Recent activity by Paul

2 answers 160 views
The lectionary has selections that could benefit from 'introductory' lines. For example, "Moses said," before Deu. 4:1- ... , Israel, listen..."}. Suggestions welcome. Thanks, Paul
commented Jul 13
1 answer 259 views
Paratext Lite UBSGNT5+ has a split screen on my phone with a lexicon in the second pane (I'm not sure how to ... [be necessary?] to indicate some relative difference in size...
1 answer 89 views
I have read through "Glossary Best Practices" (https://support.bible/3952/glossary-best-practices?show=3952#q3952). The information ... 'off', I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks, Paul
asked Oct 21, 2025
3 answers 312 views
I've asked about module markup here before, but haven't ever been able to resolve the issues I'm facing. Neither ... a module loaded in Paratext, I'd be very grateful. Paul
commented Jun 20, 2025
1 answer 136 views
I asked about adding spaces to modules earlier (https://support.bible/12728/add-a-space-between-heading-and-reference-in-module) ... , but I think this will work for now. :-)
commented Apr 18, 2025
1 answer 256 views
I'm working on modules for lectionary selections. The churches that will be using the lectionary use different verse ... , and wondered if there might be some more available.
commented Jan 31, 2025
1 answer 140 views
I'm looking for help with the proper formatting for verse segments (e.g., 1a, 1b, 1c, etc.) in Paratext. I'm working ... If you have any advice / tips, I'm all ears! Thanks, Paul
commented Nov 21, 2024
1 answer 115 views
I have lines like this in a custom.vrs file: *REV 21:6,a,b I have USFM marking like this in Paratext: \v 6a ... 'm missing? I'd rather not print more than required. Thanks, Paul
commented Oct 22, 2024
1 answer 195 views
Is there a way to prevent \d lines from printing in a Module? They appear to be messing up the spacing of the heading ... image (compare to the heading below without a \d line).
commented Sep 11, 2024
1 answer 427 views
When I print Psalms I get the following Syntax Error warning: Examine line 5386 in PSA on the 'Final SFM' tab of the ... . Where else should I look for the source of this warning?
commented Jul 3, 2024
1 answer 281 views
PTXprint doesn't print our Psalms... I have these line in a Module (copied from https://lingtran.net/Example-Modules): \p \ ... be able to review before Advent (1 Dec. 2024). ;-)
answer selected Jun 25, 2024
2 answers 427 views
Given this line (from "Revised Common Lectionary [English]" at https://lingtran.net/Example-Modules): \p \bd Old ... between the colon and the book name? Thanks for any help!
commented Jun 14, 2024
2 answers 509 views
I had used PTLite on my old phone, but Send/Receive stopped working after a while. I suspect my phone / version of ... getting the 'books' to show in PTLite? Thanks in advance.
commented Apr 23, 2024
1 answer 349 views
A new user is beginning to use the 'spellcheck' tool. He has made "spelling corrections" like /na/ -> /i te/, which is ... that I could find, so thanks for any you can provide! ;-)
commented Mar 8, 2024
3 answers 514 views
Mark asked that there be something here about how to add pages from a PDF. (see also inserting an entire PDF) So, urm, ... the nicest thing to do to text!) image885 696 54.4 KB
answered Oct 5, 2023
2 answers 472 views
I'm trying to open a Project from a friend. I put the .p8z file in /Paratext8Projects/_Resources, but get this message ... be verified." Any tips on how to proceed? Thanks, Paul
commented Jul 10, 2023
1 answer 323 views
When I view my Module (Advent and Lent lectionary readings) in Standard Output, I can see that Paratext has ... Draft. Any suggestions to get this working correctly? Thanks!
commented Jun 8, 2023
2 answers 564 views
PT8 just crashed (working on Incorrectly joined or split words ). When I restarted it, two windows opened, one with the message, ... text'? Or do you just get one shot at it ?
commented Apr 13, 2023
3 answers 587 views
Can anyone shed light on why I'm getting Character style not closed: \qt for this: \v 26 †Mi murie mai, ... it's not being recognised. Many other instances of this are accepted
commented Apr 3, 2023
2 answers 445 views
Is there a way to tell Paratext to ignore a ‘Verse missing’, such as Mrk. 15:28? Advice appreciated!
commented Apr 3, 2023
3,064 questions
6,024 answers
5,695 comments
2,036 users