Recent activity by JohnBrownie

1 answer 254 views
This error is popping up where I use \nb at chapter breaks. Is there a configuration setting change needed. An example is ... NIV11 resources uses it and I would like to as well.
commented Aug 12
1 answer 150 views
Hi I would like to have the Psalms in one column. That works. But how do I center the Psalms? The "Support Agent ... Center \FirstLineIndent 0 But how do I tell PTXprint to use it?
commented Jul 8
1 answer 260 views
User jooel niemenen asks: If I export John 1-3, it works fine, but selecting fourth chapter as well 1-4, pdf ... always cause the problem to happen?f (copied from Paratext support)
commented Jul 7
2 answers 110 views
I am running Paratext 9.5 on my Macbook Pro (M1 Processor) using Parallels Desktop Version 26.3.3. Paratext ... anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.
answered Jun 3
1 answer 187 views
When making a note, I often want to have a list of things which are done with adding newlines. Sometimes the note then ... I need to do to make it appear as separate paragraphs?
commented Mar 5
2 answers 78 views
Hi all, I support a team that give error when chapter and verse check, the error say "Extra verse(s) at the end of ... you help us how to fix it? The screenshot attached. Thanks.
commented Feb 20
0 answers 57 views
Are there any recent reports of users running Paratext 9.x on an M-chip Mac? Early testing (i.e., ... /support.bible/8242/apple-m1-processor-parallels-and-paratext?show=8251#a8251
commented Jan 26
1 answer 165 views
I am getting the following vague error during Create DBL Text Bundle, after the basic checks and USX have been generated: ... not supported Is there something I can do about this?
commented Jan 12
1 answer 76 views
We're using /xt in footnote cross-references, set to use 'short name' of book. But in the glossary I'd like to use ... name, is there a different USFM code I could use for that?.
commented Nov 5, 2025
1 answer 79 views
I just spent much too long searching my computer and email archives and the internet, trying to find out where ... reason that information is so deeply hidden? Is it intentional?
answered Jul 17, 2025
1 answer 106 views
I successfully downloaded and installed Paratext Studio for Mac. I needed to install Mercurial, which took a number of ... , but they are massive files (hundreds of kilobytes).
commented May 7, 2025
2 answers 104 views
answered Apr 23, 2025
2 answers 190 views
I have a project that has come to me that has .SFC files. I would like to change them to .SFM files. What is the ... (Could I just change the file name and be done with it?)
answered Dec 1, 2024
2 answers 161 views
I have a project that uses question and exclamation opening punctuation similar to Spanish's and . Although I can use ... I might mark them invalid? Thank you in advance! fork
answered Nov 15, 2024
1 answer 104 views
Having not looked at the Wordlist for a long time, I was surprised to see a big red box mentioning inconsistent encoding. ... on how to handle this are more than welcome. Bart.
answered Nov 14, 2024
2 answers 182 views
How do I search for a unicode value ie 200B? It is a zero width space to it does not show the exact location in the verse within the character inventory. Thanks!
answered Oct 2, 2024
2 answers 285 views
We have a somewhat poor internet connection through the mobile phone network. One of our translators has Paratext ... said was expected. Any help gratefully received! Joihn
commented Aug 16, 2024
1 answer 297 views
Hi Paratext experts I'm trying to check and track recurring vocabulary in the Psalms (e.g. splendor, majesty, fortress, etc). ... Is there a better way to do it? Thanks a lot David
commented Jul 24, 2024
1 answer 1.0k views
I am preparing to transition from an Intel Mac to apple silicon. I plan to largely build the Mac fresh rather than transfer users ... else, so It's not a huge loss to start fresh.
commented Jan 19, 2024
1 answer 201 views
I need help with a problem of language identifiers. PT project NYYBT, the language ID is nyy-Latn-002 This is supposed to ... to do with that "002"? thanks for any help out there
answered Dec 29, 2023
3,060 questions
6,021 answers
5,689 comments
2,035 users