1 answer
132 views
I'm trying to find the home page for Paratext 10 Studio. If I go to https://studio.paratext.org/ (the ... dedicated to Paratext 10 Studio has been deleted with no replacement.
2 answers
329 views
Is Paratext licensed under an open source license (as defined by the OSI)? I don't see that mentioned anywhere, so ... check. Is there a way for a developer to contribute patches?
2 answers
894 views
I'm using PTXprint to export my Paratext project text to PDF files. If I choose Multiple Books under the Basic , Project ... be tedious. Is there a way to do it in one step?
recategorized
Jan 8
2 answers
47 views
I noticed that PTXprint is distributed on Ubuntu 25.04 under the package name python3-ptxprint (Edit: this is incorrect ... to include it as a dependency in my Python application.
1 answer
108 views
I've produced a PDF file with PTXprint. When I open it with Firefox on my desktop, Firefox displays the title of ... reader won't see this confusing title in the wrong language.
1 answer
84 views
I'm running Ubuntu 25.04 with Wayland, and I installed paratext-10-studio like this: sudo snap install paratext-10- ... SIGSEGV (Address boundary error) How do I fix this problem?
0 answers
149 views
After previously launching at least once, the Paratext snap on my Ubuntu 24.04 laptop doesn't start correctly. Here's ... Also note the misspelling of "Application" at the end...
1 answer
31 views
I'm running Ubuntu 25.04, and I installed ptxprint like this: sudo apt install python3-ptxprint I experience ... this version of Python does not have the _posix_flavour attribute.
3 answers
532 views
https://community.software.sil.org uses Disco/Discourse (https://DisCO.co – correct URL for this?) What does this site use?
3 answers
424 views
Is it possible to install Paratext in Ubuntu 21.10? I've installed the repositories, but the impish repository doesn't ... paratext-9.0. But launching Paratext caused it to crash.
2 answers
322 views
I'm using Paratext 9.1. According to the help, I can create a new book by clicking the project hamburger menu ... been selected, including ones that haven't been corrected yet.
2 answers
462 views
I'm trying to find documentation to understand what these fields mean in the Paratext registry, under the Publishing tab ... does the text found in Promotion Text get used?
2 answers
371 views
I'm using PTXprint to create PDFs from a Paratext project in the Arabic language, which is a right-to-left language. ... do I display verse numbers in the margin to the right?
2 answers
299 views
When displaying a text collection, the verse from each verse is displayed on each line. If that verse contains ... collection view comparing the same verse in different resources.
asked
Aug 5, 2022
3 answers
483 views
A consultant for a project using the Arabic script asked for help with a problem. When he inserted a note in ... when right to left words are inserted in the English sentence.
4 answers
473 views
Sometimes, it's easier for me to edit the files in another file text editor. For instance, I open C:\My Paratext 9 Projects ... text editor. If this is a bad idea, let me know.
3 answers
531 views
Well, after following the suggesrtions in the Change Short Name thread, I successfully converted our project. But we now have ... . We did not have them before. Perhaps a bug?
5 answers
690 views
I'm searching for a word that has hundreds of results. I want to read the word in context in all of these results. To ... I press Enter. Is there a keyboard shorcut to Find Next ?
3 answers
725 views
Two consultants have recently wished for the ability to use emojis in project notes, since people are used to using them ... htm (add \u before each code in the Autocorrect file)
4 answers
536 views
It is possible to right-click on a verse and select View history for verse(s) . It's also to see the history of the project ... if there was a way to do this for a book, as well.