Recent activity by John Wickberg

1 answer 67 views
I'm trying to create a DBL text bundle using the "To Disk" option. When I run "check for errors", I get: / ... <ldml>(my ldml)</ldml> <numerals>Arabic</numerals> </language>
commented 5 hr ago
2 answers 70 views
When I try to login inside Create DBL Text Bundle, I get error messages. First, a window flashes briefly, and I ... 't have this kind of problems uploading projects to DBL before.
answered 5 d ago
2 answers 208 views
For some time now I have been getting a message that there is an update to the BHS Source Language Text (HEB), but when ... an instance of an object. What can I do to correct this?
commented Aug 11
2 answers 115 views
I am working with Claude Cowork trying to build a figure-insertion workflow for Paratext using Python scripts and Excel ... it from Excel? All wild ideas welcome. John Nystrom
answered Jun 25
2 answers 120 views
Send / Receive does not seem to work with a VPN active. Can I set Paratext to work with a VPN? (In my case Proton VPN)
answered May 5
1 answer 135 views
Hi, After updating PT this morning, (to 9.5.110.1) Paratext is crashing. I'd love to get back to what was ... actually pick a file. (reinstalling the same version has not helped)
commented Apr 23
1 answer 162 views
The error message is: Paratext could not save changes to project history. This may indicate that your local copy of the ... Send/Receive server other than by doing a send/receive?
answered Apr 22
2 answers 506 views
I just did a Send/Receive. I was initially surprised at the high number of "edited" projects. When the results screen ... Is this a known issue, or could it be something serious?
commented Apr 15
1 answer 119 views
For the past few weeks, I've been prompted to download an update of BHS (Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia) nearly every day. Is ... one. However, it never did this on my old laptop.
commented Mar 24
1 answer 209 views
When making a note, I often want to have a list of things which are done with adding newlines. Sometimes the note then ... I need to do to make it appear as separate paragraphs?
answered Mar 4
1 answer 61 views
This morning, it seems that the 2nd server for Paratext live is not operating. Is this a problem?
answered Feb 24
1 answer 41 views
. When opening Paratext today (9.5.110.1) I got this error message. I followed the instructions and went to Download/ ... Resources". It says, "No resources found". Please advise.
answered Feb 16
1 answer 190 views
Since the is detail lacking in the USFM documentation and I am not able to find the answer here, please can you clarify the ... -->|ESG 10:13\xta \+it k\+it*\x*
commented Jan 13
1 answer 199 views
I am getting the following vague error during Create DBL Text Bundle, after the basic checks and USX have been generated: ... not supported Is there something I can do about this?
commented Jan 12
2 answers 81 views
I have a user whose language project is now getting an error saying that there was a problem doing word analysis because ... a work around for this issue until it is released? T
answered Dec 17, 2025
2 answers 76 views
When I turn on French glosses for the Source Language tool in Paratext, I see some codes like *o* or *j*. What do these ... GlossFR, and it is up to date. Example 1: Example 2:
answered Nov 24, 2025
2 answers 126 views
Computers in a project I work with recently had PT 9.5 installed and they are now making use of the glosses in Swahili in ... is stored so as to copy over a clean copy. Thank you.
answered Oct 30, 2025
1 answer 126 views
I am trying to create custom scripts for use in Paratext. The problem is that they seem to be silently ... \script SimpleTest.py \description Simplest possible test \toText \utf8
answered Oct 6, 2025
1 answer 55 views
Hello, A PT newsletter about PT 9.5 states that one of the improvements is: Provided support for multi-language ... entries in an enhanced resource are in English. Thanks.
answered Sep 19, 2025
3 answers 113 views
After a recent update of PT and Logos, the two programs do not scroll together anymore like they used to. It worked ... used in the past to make the two programs scroll together:
answered Sep 19, 2025
3,062 questions
6,022 answers
5,693 comments
2,036 users