Recent activity by Bobby

2 answers 186 views
Yes, Paratext 9 displays specified OpenType font features, but the GUI for selecting/specifying features is broken?? ( ... PTLite Language Settings > Edit Font Features (snippet):
commented Oct 29, 2025
2 answers 417 views
Does Paratext 9.3 have problems with fonts for particular language groups? Someone asked me about this, saying that a consultant ... aware of this kind of problem in Paratext 9.3?
answered Feb 8, 2023
3 answers 523 views
I encountered today for the first time a font that has a variable version (Noto Sans Gurmukhi). If you are not ... in our projects or wait until the technology is more mature?
answered Aug 9, 2022
11 answers 2.7k views
Hi all, I'd like to discuss non-breaking (no-break) spaces (U+00A0) in the age of digital publishing. ... continue. See also: Important information about no-break spaces and tildes
commented May 24, 2022
3 answers 1.3k views
Hi, First time here. It looks like most posts regarding TECkit map were few years old and there is not much ... Search/Replace does not touch USFM markers right? Thanks anon395529
answered May 24, 2022
3 answers 443 views
The font which I use for typesetting does not have a BOLD style. I wanted to add weight to it so that the ... Weight Disabled666 625 56.2 KB Weight Disabled_2911 719 81.2 KB
answered Sep 17, 2021
3 answers 482 views
I am having an issue with a project I work with. They have several diacritics but one in particular is not working ... What am I doing wrong? Is there some setting I missed?
answered Apr 28, 2021
4 answers 1.1k views
In Print Draft (PT 9), if I select Page Size A5 and also select two columns, the format of the first page is all ... we can do booklet printing and get two A5 pages on one A4.
answered Mar 11, 2020
6 answers 1.0k views
Does anyone know of a command line tool to convert USFM format to USX (or any other xml flavor)? I'd like to write a ... 's the best option I can try to figure out what's wrong.
answered Feb 25, 2020
3 answers 418 views
I have created and installed a new font (Unicode, complex script, Khmer) to be used with my project. I can choose the ... ? I have no idea of what might be wrong. GB, anon015155
answered Jan 22, 2020
1 answer 286 views
A user reported on another list that a font they installed on Windows 10 was not working with PrintDraft. ... could possibly have the same issue if Paratext called fontconfig.
answered Nov 26, 2019
2 answers 586 views
I was creating a new project in Paratext 8 and set the font in the project Language Settings window. After selecting the ... 58.2 KB ! Main Paratext text window.jpg1366 728 102 KB
answered Nov 13, 2019
5 answers 1.1k views
I notice a difference in rendering of Tibetan script between PT8 ([Phone Removed] on Windows 7 and the same version on ... for complex scripts in Windows 10? (is it Harfbuzz?)
commented Jun 5, 2019
2 answers 574 views
Using PrintDraft takes an extremely long time on my machine-over 4 minutes. About 3 minutes of that time PT shows Gathering Font ... the default? If so, I'll report it as a bug.
commented Jan 8, 2019
3,061 questions
6,021 answers
5,690 comments
2,036 users